Treasury Director @ Galápagos
Mechelen (Belgium) – Full-time
The Treasury director will provide leadership and direction to treasury operations including cash management, cash forecasting and bank relationships. She/he will report into the VP Finance.
- Manage day-to-day Group cash position; provide sufficient daily liquidity; execute funds movement and appropriately invest excess cash balances.
- Lead cash management and financial close processes for treasury related activities, which will include inter-company loan positions, global multi-currency netting, foreign currency exposure management, preparing and analysing cash flow forecasts, and daily treasury operations management
- Manage cash forecasting, by entity, working with controlling team to ensure a consolidated global cash forecast (short/medium/long-term horizons). Ensures that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements. Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Support foreign exchange exposure management and evaluate solutions in relation to financial risks (FX, interest rates); assist with hedge execution and hedge accounting documentation, as appropriate
- Develop Treasury reporting dashboards and introduce Treasury KPIs
- Leads credit card and other treasury initiative programs
- Develops and manages banking relationships and conducts analytical reviews of banking services and fees
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to maintain subsidiaries’ capital structures consistent with business, tax and regulatory requirements
- Interact with a variety of functional areas within the company, including Controllers, Tax, Legal, SOx, and the Business. Lead and/or participate in cross functional projects related to strategic treasury initiatives
- Evaluate, develop, and implement cash management systems to optimize the daily forecasting & management of cash flow
- Develop and support Treasury processes, policies, procedures, and controls
- Accountable for external audit results within areas of responsibility
- Prepare and present to Audit Committee
Who are you?
- A bachelor’s or master degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or economics is required. CFA and/or MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of Treasury and Finance experience at a multinational company is required with a master’s degree. Twelve (12) years of experience is required with a bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to lead collaboratively across functional/organizational boundaries.
- Ability to persuade, convince, and influence others to gain support and to build relationships to achieve business results.
- Knowledge of automation through AI machine learning, robotics, etc. is a plus
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced/deadline-oriented environment
- Sense of urgency and adaptability to changing environment.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and financial skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external partners.
- Proactively seek information and technology to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.