Treasury Accounting Internship @ Tesla
Amsterdam – Full-time
As a Treasury Accounting intern, you will be involved in supporting the automation initiative to process all our incoming cash for more than 90% automatically.
The internship assignment
Tesla’s Treasury Accounting team is reponsible for processing all bank transactions within the different Financial systems. The Treasury Accounting Internship offers you a great opportunity to be a part of global team operating in constantly changing environment to support daily operations of the Financial Department.
As a Treasury Accounting intern, you will be involved in supporting the automation initiative to process all our incoming cash for more than 90% automatically. This will require to become familiar with our current payment process and analyzing the payment behaviour of our different customers. Provide proposals how we can achieve the automation goals and discuss with Citibank how they can improve the payment description.
Moreover, you will further work out the Credit policy and support the implementation within EMEA.
The internship will be for a duration of 6 months and will mainly focus on two projects.
Learning goals & Tasks
- Get familiar with the current payment process in the different (Financial) systems
- Analyze and report the current payment behavior required for automation
- Participating in month end closing activities.
- Prepare reports for senior management team.
- Support the payment automation initiative (Citibank Smart Match)
- Finalize and implement Credit policy
- Bsc, BA, MBA, Msc | Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- Evidence of exceptional ability, especially within an ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated success driving tangible impact / influencing within a broader organization.
- Excellent analytical skills (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, financial modeling, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with senior business leaders.