Staff member Operations Treasury @ NIBC
The Hague – Full-time
NIBC is looking for a Staff member Operations Treasury.
Why would you want to work at NIBC Operations Treasury?
Operations supports the commercial activities of NIBC during the initiation phase of a transaction and delivers after-care until maturity. We aim to realize the business objectives in a highly effective and efficient manner. Operations typifies as an open environment with a continuous improvement culture. Our professionals are engaged and service oriented.
Operations Treasury is one of the Operations departments and consists of two teams: Treasury and Markets.
The Treasury Team (9 professionals) supports the Treasury activities of NIBC for both Head Office in The Hague and our Frankfurt Office. The team is responsible for the administration of all Treasury transactions, which includes derivatives, money market-, foreign exchange- and fixed income transactions.
The Markets Team (5 professionals) supports the capital markets activities of our Amsterdam office and is responsible for the administration and settlement of the fixed income and equity transactions.
What will you do?
- Process all Treasury transactions
- Execute internal and external reconciliations of transactions and positions
- Review (and/or prepare) legal documentation for Treasury transactions
- Execute daily margining of derivatives transactions (CSA Collateral Management)
- Execute transaction reporting to regulators
- Process all Treasury related cash flows
- Execute securities settlements
- Execute life cycle events and corporate actions (e.g. interest resets, options, redemptions)
- Intraday monitoring and optimization of cash position (Cash management)
- Implementation of process improvements
- Contribution to (Treasury) Operations-wide initiatives
- Cooperation with Front Office, Risk Management, Finance, Legal and IT
Who are we looking for?
A pro-active team player with a continuous improvement mentality, effective communication skills, strong analytical skills and a critical eye for quality and details.
The suitable candidate will be part of a dedicated team of professionals who together are responsible for the Treasury product administration. In this role interacting and working together is important, next to working with deadlines and being comfortable with financial data.
- Higher Vocational Education (HBO). Preferably economics.
- 2-5 year experience in banking Operations. Preferably in a Treasury or financial markets environment.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both verbally and written)
NIBC’s purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/
What will you get?
NIBC is a relatively small bank with a very dynamic and informal culture. Furthermore we support a good work-life balance and we nurture our entrepreneurial and inventive culture by providing modern flexible devices and working spaces. Within Operations Treasury you will execute and learn diverse activities, get insight in core operational processes and contribute to further enhancement of the team processes and cohesion. You will be developing your professional and personal skills, also enabling a next step in your career.
Application/ Further information
Applications can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv and motivation letter. To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document! An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
For more information about the procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk at email@example.com or give us a call at +31(0)70 3429669. For more information about the position please contact Robbert Berendrecht, head of Treasury Operations at Robbert.Berendrecht@nibc.comView job description | apply online