(sr.) Treasury Manager @ Arcadis
Amsterdam – Full-time
The (sr.) Treasury Manager will join a small and flexible team of Treasury professionals, working closely with the Group Treasurer, Treasury Manager, Treasury Controller and Treasury Analyst. He/she will be operating in an open and positive Treasury environment focusing on financial risk management policies, Corporate financing and improving Treasury operations, systems and standards.
Arcadis is a leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, and project management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. It has 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with pro bono knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. www.arcadis.com.
The (sr.) Treasury Manager supports the Group Treasurer on a wide variety of topics such as scenario planning for debt portfolio (maturities, instruments, currency), analysis and support on managing market risks (FX, interest, liquidity) and counterparty risk, share buyback and dividends, credit rating process and bank relationship management. He/she will actively support the Regions on intercompany financing, dividends, corporate and bank guarantees and cash flow forecasting. He/she will support and manage projects such as Treasury improvements, (re-)financings events and/or M&A.
Externally, he/she will maintain operational contacts with relationship banks, advisors, service providers and credit rating agency. Internally, frequent communication and collaboration with Legal, IR, Tax, Accounting, FP&A, regional CFO’s and their teams.
- Provides meaningful and crisp analysis of Treasury information towards with Group Treasurer to obtain insights into regions, debt portfolio, currency mix, interest rates and FX;
- The Treasury Managers are responsible for cash management activities such as oversight & optimization of cash pools, short term borrowing portfolio & liquidity management;
- The Treasury Managers are responsible for Front Office tasks – FX dealing, intercompany financing (plus advice & guidance on structuring) and related deal administration;
- Provides advise to Arcadis companies in the Regions with respect to bank guarantee content, issuance of bank guarantees and ongoing monitoring, reporting and analysis of such contingent liabilities. Active participation to further de-risk the Arcadis B/S;
- Ensures excellent relations are maintained with Regions regarding a wide range of local Treasury & financing issues (e.g. Intercompany financing, cash rounds, implementing cash pools, development of FX exposure recognition);
- Increasing awareness of Treasury in Arcadis, leading quarterly Treasury meetings, preparation of agenda items plus follow-up;
- Assisting in ongoing centralization & ensuring the consistency of Treasury activities (e.g. strengthening Treasury policies, cash assessments);
- Project management with respect to roll-out of process and system enhancements, financing structures, Treasury Management System and ERP-roll out (Oracle);
- Ensure compliance with risk framework and control mechanisms, e.g. counterparty limits, FX and interest rate risk;
- Liaise with banks on operations and regular relationship management;
- Involvement in both the operational & Treasury payment approvals process
- The Treasury managers are each other’s back-up, to ensure continuous Front Office occupancy in case of illness, training and days off;
- Ad hoc support and analysis to Group Treasurer.
The candidate should have a Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting and in addition completed a postgraduate education (RT/CT, AMCT or equivalent) in the field of Treasury Management (or a willingness to study for this) and 7-10 years of progressive experience in an international, listed company or the regional or global Treasury center of a multinational company.
It is essential that he/she feels naturally comfortable and is able to thrive in a fast paced and continually evolving environment and have the gravitas, experience and resilience to operate as part of a driven, demanding team with a “can and will” do attitude.
Importantly as (sr.) Treasury Manager, he/she will need to be equally comfortable operating at strategic / tactical level and also with “getting your hands dirty” working alongside a driven, committed and ambitious team.
Further required experience and competencies:
- Knowledge of and experience of working in an international Treasury function, risk management, cash flow forecasting and foreign currency hedging strategies;
- Microsoft Excel modelling capabilities to design and manage short and long term cash flows. A deep understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and hedge accounting;
- Coaching and influencing individuals in order to model accurate cash flows;
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels and convince colleagues through knowledge and diplomacy;
- Good computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Bellin and SAP BPC experience a plus;
- Confident, prepared to challenge current processes, enthusiasm for innovation and diligent. A willingness and tenacity to plan ahead and be organized;
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills, a strong aptitude for numbers & accuracy and be able to perform under stress & work within strict deadlines. Has the ability to identify and explain future business developments;
- Experience in managing projects in a multi-cultural context over different locations;
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities;
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality;
- Pleasant, open and flexible personality with a no-nonsense mentality;
- Willingness to work flexible hours based on business needs;
- Native language: unspecified, but fluency in English is a must;
- A good fit with the Arcadis Leadership Model and our values.
And in addition, specific competencies for the financial discipline:
Financial and professional knowledge/ skills:
Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the financial area, applies the knowledge and skills in an effective way, maintains awareness of developments in the professional fields, develops her/his own financial knowledge and skills
Result analysis and problem solving:
Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills, a strong aptitude for numbers & accuracy and be able to perform under stress & work within strict deadlines. Has to ability to identify and explain future business developments
Project Management capabilities
Experience in managing projects in a multi-cultural context over different locations.
Able to communicate effectively directly, through the phone and with email with external contacts and internal colleagues at all levels and in all regions and convince colleagues through knowledge and diplomacy
Main working contacts
· Group Treasurer
· Legal, IR, Tax, Accounting, FP&A
· Regional Finance teams
What we offer
We offer a dynamic, challenging job with international focus in a pleasant and professional working climate and attention for ongoing personal development. The successful candidate will have a great deal of responsibility with a broad range of opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
The salary is in line with the seniority of the position.
The selection process follows the following steps:
- Talent Acquisition will make a first selection and interview the candidate(s);
- Group Treasurer and Corporate HR will interview the candidate(s);
- Members of the Finance Leadership Team and / or other stakeholders will interview the candidate(s);
- The CFO will interview the candidate
- An assessment could be part of the selection process