Senior Manager, Global Cash Management @ Sabic
Amsterdam – Full-time
Lead, strategically develop and manage the global Cash Management teams (MEA, Europe, APAC, Americas). This function performs all activities with respect global Cash & Liquidity Management, Short & Mid Term Cash Forecasting, Trade Finance, Short Term external & internal funding, Working Capital management & improvement and operational bank relationship management for SABIC affiliates & joint ventures globally.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Cash & Liquidity Management: Cash positioning and centralization/optimization of all global cash for the SABIC group & its affiliates via enhance liquidity management solutions or manual interception in order to minimize interest expense/maximize investment income. Ensure SABIC has sufficient means and capacity to efficiently and effectively manage and control cash and liquidity. Design and lead the implementation of global cash optimization projects in order to unlock regulatory and operational trapped cash. Lead the management of the intercompany funding via in-house banking (IHC) structure and intercompany netting systems
- Cash Forecasting: Work closely with IFO/SBUs/COEs to create and maintain cash forecasts to ensure adequate funding and liquidity for all global entities. Role strives for continuous improvement in cash flow forecasting ability & accuracy, in order to drive idle cash down to a minimum, thereby minimizing borrowings (interest expense) and maximize return on investments.
- Cash Repatriation: Initiate and support global CF cash repatriating i.e. dividend or loan repayments.
- Working Capital Management: Initiated and lead global working capital improvement projects. Act as a focal contact point for SBU/IFO and other stakeholders with respect to working capital related queries, proactively support businesses and drive working capital down in order to improve the cash position of the affiliates.
- Trade Finance: Monitor and mitigate SABIC’s international trade risk in close cooperation with the business in an efficient and compliant manner. Lead trade finance product selection i.e. Letter of Credits negotiations and product selection for SBU with relationship banks.
- Exposure support: Support the global Risk Management function with FX and counterparty exposure identification. The regional Cash Management team provides in-depth knowledge about FX/Counterparty processes and plays a key role in supporting the risk management function
- Stakeholder Management: Act as Treasury focal point and coordinator to internal (i.e. affiliates, CF functions, SBU’s) and external (financial institutions, service providers and regulators) for all Treasury related matters
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in finance roles, including a minimum of 5 years in Treasury functions and leadership roles
- Treasury experience in both cash, risk and debt management roles beneficial, with international experience across multiple entities particularly desirable
- Good knowledge of the SABIC organization
- Expert knowledge of Treasury operations & cash management
- Experience in risk management i.e. FX, Interest Rate, Commodities and Counterparty Risk
- Good knowledge of business processes
- Knowledgeable with policies, procedures and best practices in the area of accounting
- Solid understanding of accounting systems & SAP system
- Ability to understand and support organizational climate/culture
- Change management skills
- Experience with external regulations
- Experience with leading global virtual teams
- Experience with system developments projects for SAP and non-SAP systems
- Experience with leading multifunctional project teams
- Ability to lead and coach his staff in accomplishing interdepartmental tasks
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- Strong stakeholder management, people management and interpersonal skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills
- Sound planning skills
- Strong intercultural awareness
- Sound financial analytical skills