Senior Hedge accounting Specialist @ Rabobank
Utrecht – Full-time
Imagine… being a Hedge Accounting (HA) specialist at Rabobank and ensuring that our centralised activities for the entire Group run smoothly and that we continue to apply best practices. You will be responsible for the full scope of IFRS hedge accounting from external influencing, policies and execution to reporting, analysis and change. The department is responsible for providing a high level of assurance concerning completeness and accuracy of the Group HA process. Outside of the team, your most-important contacts will be the Treasury department, CFO Treasury, Markets, the IT department and colleagues in internal and external Audit.
Making a difference
- Provide assurance on the hedge accounting and hedging derivatives result by testing the design and operating effectiveness of our monthly controls.
- Influencing new IFRS standards for HA on both national and European levels.
- Analysis of the hedge accounting result and preparation of management information on the financial position is prepared for the executive board and other internal users.
- Initiate and participate in projects to reduce the hedge accounting volatility.
With Each Other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Hedge Accounting team brings talented people together to apply successful hedge accounting strategies to mitigate P&L volatility in hedging derivatives . With you as a Senior Specialist the team will consist of 11 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Milton, Senior HA Specialist –
“If you love complexity and a challenge, this is the right place for you”
“We do not walk away from problems, we walk towards them”
“When the problem is clear the solution is near”
Rick, Senior Business Analyst-
“I just work here!”
Complex problem solving, judgement & decision-making and collaborating are clearly essential for the role of Senior Hedge Accounting Specialist. In addition, it’s important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- You have completed a relevant ‘Masters’ degree (RA or RC preferred);
- 2+ years of top performance in a control environment;
- 2+ years of relevant working experience within wholesale banking;
- Knowledge of and experience with derivatives;
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS, especially IAS39 and IFRS 9.
- We require that you will already have at least 3 years of working experience with hedge accounting in the banking industry.
- You’ll have a healthy sense of humour
Growing a better world together
You’ll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our ‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
- We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a monthly salary based on scale 11.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay out ;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Senior hedge Accounting Specialist and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until 30/09/2019. Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy .
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Suresh Chadda, hiring manager, on Suresh.Chadda@rabobank.com.
- Emanuela Mol, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Emanuela.Mol@rabobank.nl . The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link .
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!