Senior Financial / Treasury Analyst @ Teva Pharmaceuticals
Haarlem – Full-time
As Senior Financial / Treasury Analyst for Teva in Haarlem you will work in an international, fast changing and challenging environment. In this position you are taking care of several complex finance entities which include listed Bonds in various currencies, SWAP deals, short- and long term financing contracts and other related financial instruments.
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we’ve built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
You will lead / coordinate monthly accounting of these entities, the preparation of annual statutory (consolidated) accounts and the related required audits (around 6 companies in total – Dutch GAAP), monthly group reporting (US-GAAP) to the European headquarter in Amsterdam and other related stakeholder reporting (i.e. DNB reports). You are responsible for performing detailed financial and variance analysis of these significant accounts, thereby providing interpretation of financial accounting policies, governmental legislation and accounting theory.
This role requires a hands-on, proactive approach where you initiate the right set of collaboration amongst the various (abroad) disciplines involved (i.e. treasury, tax, transfer pricing and accounting). Preparing results of analytical review as well as preparing more complex financial reporting plus power point presentations for management and presenting these in person comes naturally.
- Reporting to the Manager Accounting & Financial Reporting;
- Ensure accounting and reporting takes place in line with the legal frameworks the entities are acting in (i.e. understanding of legislation around listed entities and tax rulings) and making sure further optimized accounting takes place by implementation of Treasury Management Systems;
- Challenge internal stakeholders to ensure accounting takes place in line with (legal) framework;
- Handle inter-business unit transactions as required, thereby dealing with requests for ad hoc reports or financial information, and work with internal and external auditors to verify information;
- Communicate with external contacts and internal personnel to resolve open issues;
- Provide day to day technical and analytical support of the financial reporting and consolidation platforms including report development and maintenance, new functionality development and new user training;
- Take the lead role in driving process/reporting/analytical enhancements in the structure these finance entities are acting in;
- Problem solving and result oriented attitude to ensure adequate and seamless future integration of new finance vehicles takes place;
- Conduct special projects, prepare ad hoc reports and other services at the request of management which includes research and providing conclusions on technical accounting issues;
- Support data/analytical requests and provide general technical support.
Your Skills / Qualifications
- Strong proficiency in Treasury Management Systems (i.e. Quantum), Oracle, Hyperion and advanced Excel;
- Experience in a Big-4 Audit Firm is a definite plus;
- Knowledge of US-GAAP, Dutch GAAP and SOX is required;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and delegation skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated poise and confidence when interacting with top management;
- A minimum of 4-6 years related accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience;
- Verbal and written English is required, Dutch is a plus.