Risk Manager @ Rabobank Netherlands
Utrecht – Full-time
Imagine you are part of an enthusiastic and professional team, working closely together as subject matter experts on Operational Risk and being the Risk guardians for the bank. As a Risk Manager, you can make a difference by providing input to the integrated global Risk & Control Framework (RCF) for Operational Risk Management by focusing on risk identification/assessment aspects, incidents management and capital management aspects.
Making a difference
- Be the expert with regard to the Risk & Control Framework and ensure a well-functioning Continuous Risk Cycle.
- To analyse in depth the Risk level of the Bank against pre-defined and challenged Risk Appetite.
- To Engage with stakeholders on a continuous basis to maintain/improve an effective and forward looking second line risk oversight for the Bank. Finding the right balance between “challenging” and “supporting” the Business are key-elements of the function.
- Promoting (leading by example) the right organizational risk behaviour and culture, in particular a culture of continuous improvements, and as One Rabobank.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our OpRisk/RCF team brings talented people together to form the second line of defense responsible for the Rabobank’s operational risk management. With you as a Risk Manager, the team will consist of 15 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including: OpRisk/RCF is the owner of the Operational Risk Control framework, a global and uniform approach for Risk and Control Activities (RCAs) and related topics. This should ensure that all operational risks are managed integrally and that RCAs are properly designed, in place and operating as intended.
By executing RCAs, operational risk are managed by looking forward as well as by looking backward. This should safeguard the bank’s activities in order to realize the bank’s strategy and objectives and safeguard the business continuity, financial stability and reputation of Rabobank Group.
OpRisk/RCF acts as competence center and provides oversight of the Group’s operational risk management activities and facilitates effective risk management throughout the Group, for which it is ultimately answerable to the Rabobank Group Executive board.
Ronald Otto, Lead Senior Risk Manager: “The development and implementation of the risk control framework has largely been completed. Now it is important as a competence center to support and initiate the increase of the operational effectiveness considerably and to remove the teething problems. We do this from a learning organizational perspective and can certainly use an extra risk manager”
Richard Polkerman, Lead Senior Risk Manager: “With the solid foundation of our Risk and Control Framework we are able to take the next step in improving Operational Risk Management within the Bank. As a Team lead I am proud of the positive spirit within the team and get inspired by the results we establish together.”
Customer focus, analytical mind-set, result-oriented and strong communication skills are clearly essential for the role of Risk Manager. In addition, it’s important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- You have a Master degree in Economics, Business Administration or another Organization study and at least 5 years of relevant experience within a banking environment;
- You have solid knowledge of and skills with working with data and IT systems and database infrastructures. Preferably in relation to Governance, Risk and Control systems;
- You have knowledge of risk management, finance, controlling, compliance or other relevant management knowledge;
- Preferably you have a solid business background with knowledge of the business processes and its Risk.
- You are able to inspire and enthusiast others by presentation and personal impact;
- You show style flexibility to adjust to different situation to reach your goal;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English and able to build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Growing a better world together
- You’ll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our ‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark.
Together with development banks, we’re investing 485 million Euros in emerging markets. In this way, we offer a helping hand to guarantee success in the future.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €4328,24 and €6260,34 depending on seniority and experience.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Risk Manager and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until 15 July. Apply via the button “Apply now”.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Richard Polkerman, Lead Senior Risk Manager OpRisk/RCF on +31 623 106 472 or Richard.Polkerman@Rabobank.com.
- Martin Quaak, Senior Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 625 25 59 85 or Martin.Quaak@Rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!