Risk Manager ERM Treasury, Trading & Front Office @ APG
Amsterdam – Full-time
Do you have a constructive critical view and excellent communication skills? Are you a team player who grasps complex matters easily and has asset management risk no secrets for you? Do you possess good knowledge of enterprise risk management with experience on Treasury & Trading (T&T) and/or Front Office processes? Then you may be the Risk Manager we are looking for.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for both enterprise risk management development and maintaining the ERM process related to the focus areas T&T and Front Office.
As a Risk Manager with T&T and Front Office focus areas you will:
- Develop and maintain the risk management framework of the focus areas
- Review and accommodate the management testing cycle
- Monitor and review risk items (issue/incident management, audit findings etc.)
- Contribute to risk analytics tooling & processes
- Initiate and facilitate Risk Assessments related to the focus areas
- Provide (operational) risk opinions based on investment cases, new products, new strategies, projects, etc. submitted by the business/1st line
- Support and promote the agile way of working in the risk management environment
You will be working closely with the Risk Managers in the team, especially with the Sr. Risk Managers dedicated to T&T and Front Office.
As a Risk Manager ERM with focus on T&T and front office in our dynamic environment, you are a team player while working with considerable autonomy. You are enthusiastic, energetic and result-oriented. You do not have any difficulty thinking quickly or switching gear. Your strong analytical skills enable you to identify weak spots and risks in procedures quickly.
Furthermore we ask for:
- An academic degree supportive to Risk Management in the treasury, trading and front office area and preferably a post academic education (RO, RA, CFA/VBA or similar)
- 3-7 years’ experience in a related capacity, specifically in a treasury, trading and/or front office area
- Strong knowledge of risk management, treasury, trading and front office processes and systems and the asset management business in general
- Knowledge of agile project management & agile operations management or eagerness to develop this skillset
- Strong communication skills and excellent command of spoken and written Dutch and English
Within APG AM you will join the ERM team of CFRO Risk & Compliance. The atmosphere within the team is professional and open. Team members are located in both Amsterdam and Heerlen. The CFRO function aims to be an objective partner to our clients, ensuring that all risks and costs are taken into account, all decisions are transparent and have a proper audit trail, and the decision making process is sound, responsible and cost effective. The department acts as a countervailing power to challenge business decisions within APG Asset Management.
APG is an excellent company to work for, both because of its dynamic and supportive atmosphere and also because of the opportunities we offer for continued development. Within this team, you will be able to receive the education and training you need to continue to perform at your best.
This position is based in Amsterdam.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Max Krajenbrink, Recruitment, at +31 (0)6 48 56 41 63. If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and covering letter.
Applications for this position will be accepted at the latest until the 31th of January 2018.
Subsequently, the CV selection will be carried out and you will be notified of the outcome.