Practice lead (Director) Treasury and Payments banking @ GarantiBank International N.V.
Amsterdam – Full-time
Are you our not only an expert in Treasury and Payments banking products but an inspiring people manger and leader? Then we are looking for you.
The practice Generic Operational Services consists out of 2 chapters: Treasury Services and Payments Services. These chapters together supports generic services towards Garanti Bank International related products, transactions and activities. Operational excellence and continuous improvement is key in daily operations.
Complexity of function
- As practice lead you report directly to the COO (Managing Board) and you are capable to work in this highly exposed, unpredictable and unstructured area where you can work independently and interactive resolve problems and addresses complex issues. Your actions have a positive impact on team performance and our organization.
- In this function we expect you to plan, make decisions, supervise, build teams, form people, review performance and find creative solutions for the area you are working in.
- As practice lead you are also capable to coach your people and advocate your team. Your managerial style is best described as servant leadership and you embrace failures as learning experiences without losing sight of the end result(s) and customer’s needs.
- As practice lead you form a crucial role between managing board, senior management and your team and you take responsibility for your team performance and delegated controls. You create a center of practice as a crucial part of the organization where results and output are predictable, sustainable and bring value to the organization.
- As practice lead you ensure that your practice and underlying chapters are operating according to needs and you create a positive working environment for all your co-workers reflecting in a high(er) employee engagement score.
Team duties and responsibilities
- Provides Leadership for creating a result driven working environment where tasks oriented and people management are balanced. Informs all co-workers regularly about year plan and developments.
- HR related aspects like monitoring and addressing the development needs of the employee’s performances, motivating, coaching and developing of staff to achieve optimal performance results including remuneration.
- In compliance with Bank procedures and regulations and ensures a good operating practice (together with chapter leads)
- Responsible for in control statement provided by the department according to delegated controls.
- Understand the principle of risk management and Identifies, analyzes, monitors and minimizes areas of risk in alignment with internal and external policies .
- Ensures all payments and treasury related transactions and activities are performed/ processed in line with our internal policies, strategy of GBI and customer demands.
- Acts as a contact for internal and external audits where required, highlights audit and compliance issues to the management in a proactive manner,
- Prepares and maintains a training calendar for the first line and organizes training sessions, workshops / seminars for employees on product related developments.
- Translates GBI strategy into year plans and proactively monitors execution. Frequently reports to COO with respect to annual plans and follow-up. Direct applicable and/ or necessary projects related to improvement of the practice.
- Applies the concept of Lean6sigma to create high effective processes and increase of STP
- Well aware of market developments with respect to the content of the function.
- Proven track record in banking industry and related domain(s)
- Proven track record in coaching professionals and leading high performing teams
- Lean six sigma related experience and knowledge
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Payments and/or Treasury back office related area.
- Establishes and maintains continuous, positive, cooperative communication with team members and other GBI staff.
- Strong communication skills (fluently in Dutch and English) and possesses an international outlook.
- Effective listening and thorough analysing and balances the interests or demands of internal clients, with the customer as first approach.
- Attention to detail, combined with a strategic and pro-active work style
- Resilience and commitment, ability to plan, prioritize and work under pressure
- Deals effectively with pressure, remains calm, objective and in control in stressful situations.
- Analytical skills and keen on details.
- Strong managerial skills and a team player.
University and/or Master, preferably in Legal, Economics or Business Administration
GarantiBank International NV (“GBI”) is a mid-sized European bank established in Amsterdam, the Netherlands since 1990 and serves to corporate and institutional and retail clientele. GBI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Turkiye Garanti Bankasi A.S. (Garanti) and has presence in Germany, Switzerland and Turkey. Our ultimate parent is BBVA.
- A challenging environment.
- A possibility to work with us in the Agile environment
- A possibbility to make impact on the organization.
- Warm international working environment.
- 34 vacation days based on a full time contract.
- Competitive benefits.