Operational Treasury Analyst @ Trafigura
Budel – Full-time
The Operational Treasury Analyst reports to the Head of Treasury. The Treasury department plays a vital role in the Group’s success; managing the Group’s corporate facilities, intercompany lending, liquidity forecasting and FX risk management. The Treasury department is responsible to ensure that the group has the day-to-day capacity to meet its payment obligations and funding needs, and to ensure that it is managing a number of financial risks that may arise.
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide.
- Enforcement of board mandated treasury policies
- Liaising with banks for payments processing and query handling.
- Responsible for all regular/exception payments, transfers, swifts, offsets, intercompany payments. Ensuring payments are made efficiently and within the deadline.
- Manage bank account balances to ensure no cash is left on accounts resp. no accounts are overdrawn, with any excess/deficit always covered through Group Treasury liquidity
- Liaising with banks for daily loan management (M2M adjustments), payments processing and query handling.
- Production of short term liquidity forecasts
- Management of bank account balances and investment of excess cash in money market products
- Management of intercompany facilities
- Liaise with Internal commercial teams in identifying FX risks across all group entities
- Develop FX hedging strategies and execute FX hedges after necessary approvals
- Support all manners of reconciliations related to FX P&L
- Actively monitor the markets for events, opportunities and early signs of distress in order to inform management and traders timely
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Treasury experience of 5+ years
- Very strong academic background, educated to degree level with a specialization in finance/economics/commodities preferred
- Previous experience in the commodity industry is highly desired (commodity trading, mining or smelting)
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Numerically minded
- Objectives focussed, ability to handle multiple objectives efficiently
- Proactive and Solution orientated
- Proven planning and organisational skills
- Strong/resolute personality
- Adaptable with ability to take on ideas and concepts in a short period of time
- Accuracy with speed, attention to detail.
- Able to cope in a highly pressured and demanding environment and handle high volumes of work.