Global Commodity Risk Manager @ The Kraft Heinz Company
Amsterdam – Full-time
The Commodities Risk Management team is responsible for over 100 million USD global spend in one or more key ingredient categories such as Corn, Wheat, Edible Oils, Sugar and/or Cocoa. The categories are complex and volatile from a Global Supply Chain and Price Risk Management perspective. The individual in this position should be a risk management expert, with a strong global commodity background, with strategic sourcing experience, a demonstrated capability to develop a holistic global risk management strategy for assigned commodities. The individual should drive and challenge the team to reach the Global and Zone targets and provide solid advice on all related markets and supply issues to senior leadership.
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION.To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
It’s a Question of Taste
Do more, be more.Whatever your aspirations, experience something exceptional at Kraft Heinz.We’ll give you the freedom to determine your own direction and deliver in your own style.Outperform our expectations and you’ll move forward faster than you ever thought possible.Come ready to dream. Come eager to grow.
Get a taste of what your career could be at kraftheinzcompany.com/careers.
- Ownership, oversight of and responsibility for Global Commodity Risk Management programs, futures, options, OTC’s and forward fixed price contract execution, price forecasting for assigned commodities and communication to senior management.
- Lead and direct the risk management strategy for assigned commodities to manage market inflation and deflation by providing accurate cost forecasts and PPV variances.
- Manage basis, co-products and feed credits as applicable to assigned commodities.
- Provide guidance on which indexes to use in supply agreements, assist ingredient buyers in the development of price/cost models where appropriate with integrated suppliers.
- Owns the Global commodity market outlook with the objective to increase value creation from managing market volatility and ensuring margin optimization.
- Actively participates in the Global Ingredient and Zone alignment meetings to inform the zones and Global Procurement teams of all Commodity positions, outlooks and strategies.
- Utilize Zero Based Budgeting to justify cost and operate in a lean manner to maximize operating efficiency and speed of execution.
- Compliance, reporting and other duties
- Ensure full compliance with the Kraft Heinz Global Commodity Risk Management and Hedging Policy
- Ensure full compliance with Kraft Heinz Procurement Policy and Conduct Policy
- Ensure full compliance with any other internal guidelines and external regulations
- Ensure full compliance and support to all Kraft Heinz on social, environmental and sustainability projects
- Other projects and duties requested by Kraft Heinz Management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, economics, supply chain, engineering or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar capacity
- Strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence business decisions and change
- Strong Analytical, Planning, Market Research and Trade Execution skills
- Can effectively articulate various perspectives and impacts of issues and project them into the future. Able to see all sides and the inherent value to stakeholders
- Can work through tough agreements and settle disputes effectively
- Can be forceful and direct as well as diplomatic
- Anticipates and adjusts for problems and obstacles
- Effective at establishing trust and building effective business relationships and getting things done through others
- Organizational Agility – knows how to get things done both through formal and informal channels
- Priority Setting – Spends his/ her time and the time of others on what’s most important. Eliminates roadblocks and creates focus
- High results-orientation