European Treasury Manager @ Albemarle
Amsterdam – Full-time
Albemarle Corporation is seeking a Treasury Manager to be based in Amsterdam, Netherlands at its subsidiary, Albemarle Finance Company BV. This site operates as a European Treasury Center in support of Albemarle’s businesses and functions.
- Manage day-to-day cash positioning for the Treasury Center pool structure; provide sufficient daily liquidity; execute funds movement and appropriately invest excess cash balances.
- Manage the underlying clearing/current general ledger accounts which serve to Pay on Behalf Of and Receive on Behalf of affiliated companies.
- Provide oversight and support for cash accounting and financial Close processes for treasury related activities, which may include inter-company loan positions, global multi-currency netting, foreign currency exposure management, preparing and analyzing cash flow forecasts, and daily treasury operations management.
- Interact with a variety of functional areas within the company, including Controllers, Tax, Legal, Audit, and the Business. Lead and/or participate in cross functional projects related to strategic treasury initiatives.
- Manage guarantee and letter of credit issuances and associated fees.
- Manage and monitor specified cash investments.
- Manage monthly global netting process for intercompany settlements.
- Manage within the established SOX controls; evaluate and recommend improvements which enhance the control environment.
- Manage cash forecasting, by entity, working with global treasury team to ensure a consolidated global cash forecast (short/medium/long-term horizons).
- Perform as a backup to Global Treasury Manager for any debt, investment or key treasury activities.
- Support foreign exchange exposure management and evaluate solutions in relation to financial risks (FX, interest rates and commodities); assist with hedge execution and hedge accounting documentation, as appropriate.
- Support analysis and implementation related to various strategic treasury projects, as required.
- Partner with Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer on regional bank relationship management.
- Manage local treasury staff
- Build and maintain awareness of leading treasury practices, identifying and recommending opportunities to advance department toward best in class.
- Prepare and provide various reports in close cooperation with all internal and external parties involved.
- Accountable for internal and external audit results within areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that Albemarle practices and policies are appropriately followed.
Other duties, as requested.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or similar field
- Minimum of 5-10 years related work experience in treasury, banking or similar role
- Demonstrated experience in managing global cash and knowledge of principles of liquidity management and corporate funding
- Working knowledge of financial risk management principles, including hedge accounting
- Excellent process improvement, business acumen, and technical skills to support a variety of activities, including complex modeling for cash and interest forecasts
- Solid analytical competence and robust financial modeling capability using Excel
- Self-motivated with strong multitasking proficiency
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrated experience managing project teams and working cross-functionally
- Experience managing domestic and foreign bank and investment accounts
- Experience executing spot and forward foreign currency transactions
- Demonstrated financial derivative experience, including development of hedge documentation
- MBA or master’s degree in accounting, finance or similar field
- CTP, CPA or CFA certification
- Supervisory experience