EMEAR Treasurer (with people management experience) @ Epson
Amsterdam – Full-time
The EMEAR Treasurer will be responsible for cash management, treasury operation and infrastructure as well as treasury risk management / exposures for EMEAR region.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson is currently recruiting an EMEAR Treasurer with previous people management experience to join our Treasury Team here in our Amsterdam Headquarters.
The EMEAR Treasurer will be responsible for cash management, treasury operation and infrastructure as well as treasury risk management / exposures for EMEAR region. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the EEB Treasury team and will provide support and guidance to the local Cash Managers based in the EMEAR region, participating in strategic Treasury projects for EEB and/or SEC.
- Manage the daily Treasury operations for EEB such as overseeing the organisation’s cashflow and risk management
- Design, monitor and establish the appropriate EMEAR trading strategy and ensure that forecast currency positions are at all times in line with Group policy.
- Support EEB Management with the development and execution of EMEAR financing strategies and usage of financing instruments.
- Manage EMEAR company short and long-term debt and liquidity management.
- Identify and implement activities that reduce treasury cost and expenses in EMEAR
- Negotiate with banks concerning borrowings, overdraft deposit and foreign exchange trades.
- Take a leading role in the implementation and improvement of the EMEAR Treasury infrastructure like bank connectivity, TMS and interface with external systems
- Provide specialist advice on Treasury matters to senior management
- Undertake (currency) risk management activities to protect the company’s financial well-being
- Design FX structure for EMEAR and set clear rules for the local Cash Managers.
- Propose and implement new strategies so that the company can take a proactive role in strategizing proper and efficient cash management, such as cash availability and prepaid and credit cards for EMEAR
- Maintain EMEAR payment factory
- Analyse global netting and process EMEAR cash settlement on a monthly basis
- Establish and maintain good banking relationships in EMEAR
- Support EEB Management in liaising with SEC Treasury team regarding Treasury management and Treasury activities
- Provide advice on and participate in financial/Treasury projects
- Keep up to date on developments in the financial and industrial market situation
- Prepare consolidated Business Plan / quarterly forecast cashflow for management approval
- Prepare consolidated EMEAR forecasted cash flow reports and analysis, predicting cash positions and borrowing, for SEC and EEB Finance management
- Provide monthly FD reports on EMEAR Treasury KPI’s to Finance management
- Prepare monthly reports on EMEAR Cash status for SEC
- Ensure timely actual cash flow reporting to SEC
- Manage, motivate and develop all EEB team members carrying out reviews and appraisals according to the EMEAR policy
- Set, review and maintain local Treasury procedures for EMEA and ensure alignment with EMEAR Treasury policies
- Implement aligned processes and practices throughout the EMEAR Treasury teams and ensure effective communications are in place
- Maintain local compliance in EMEA with JSOX controls
- Support and Guide EMEAR local Cash Managers
- Maintain local bank administration management for EEB
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting or ability to work and interact at this level.
- Extensive experience in treasury and cash management in an international environment.
- Experience in managing and motivating a team of professionals
- Experience with bank and financial instruments
- Up to date knowledge on financials market
- TMS/banking specialist
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at different levels
- Must be able to deal with different priorities and meet tight deadlines for financial reporting/closing and reporting to HQ.
- Experience with MS Office and SAP
- Understanding of general business operation
What do we have to offer?
We offer a fulltime permanent position with a competitive salary. We offer 27 holidays per year. At Epson we believe in having a good work-life balance. We therefore work with a flex time system, so to work a schedule that allows you to leave at 15.30pm on Friday afternoon. Public transport or commuting expenses are reimbursed. We offer a collective health insurance and a company pension plan. The dress code at our office is business casual.View job description | apply online