Chief Treasury Dealer @ AkzoNobel
Amsterdam – Full-time
Your mission in this highly visible and sensitive Corporate Treasury role is to maintain and optimize the group’s strategy in terms of access to capital markets.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Play a decisive role in the ongoing effectiveness of a company-wide Treasury markets strategy.
As a leading global organization AkzoNobel is constantly active across a wide range of capital markets and instruments, interacting with numerous financial institutions and ratings agencies.
Within this context, your mission in this highly visible and sensitive Corporate Treasury role is to maintain and optimize the group’s strategy in terms of access to capital markets. This requires you to apply technical treasury knowledge while combining effective FX dealing and risk management know-how with outstanding and multi-facing relationship management. You will be involved with the execution of financial transactions (timing, counterparty, strategy) with values amounting to €2+ billion debt, €30 to 40 billion of FX trading annually, liquidity programs such as syndicated RCF of €1.8 bln, and CP programs of €1.5bln and $1.0 bln.
As such, this is an exciting opportunity to act as a critical Center of Expertise and leading player who can accept a high level of responsibility and autonomy within a complex and dynamic business environment. It will also position you to move on to a more senior Treasury role, or another role within our Finance organization.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a collaborative and stress resistant decision-maker with a deep knowledge and proven track record of international financial risk management and analysis relating to products, markets and accounting? Can you perform complex modeling and provide financial advice to senior management? Do you have the service oriented mind-set necessary to support colleagues and engage a team of expert professionals? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply as a Chief Treasury Dealer
The role and its responsibilities
The role can be based at either of our sites in Amsterdam or Arnhem, the Netherlands. From here you perform a number of key activities, constantly engaging with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders including around 20 core banks.
In Doing So You
You collaborate with FP&A, Investor Relations, and group control to develop and maintain credit rating models and forecasts for strategic decision support as well as credit rating agency meetings.
- Manage central liquidity including forecasting liquidity needs, maintaining the short-term funding strategy, and executing short term funding and investment decisions;
- Support the Director Financial Markets in developing and implementing the group capital funding strategy;
- Ensure the efficient and effective placement of capital instruments (e.g. private placement, single broker placement, syndicated placement, etc.) as well as the return of capital (e.g. loan repayment, restitution of equity).
Always Adhering To AkzoNobel Risk Management Policies You
- Monitor and report on group counterparty risk;
- Trade existing FX and interest rate positions of Akzo Nobel NV as aggregated through the Treasury Management systems into the market.
This is central to the role and requires you to:
- Support the Director Financial Markets in monitoring and managing bank relationships across the group through maintenance of the bank wallet mode;
- Support the decision making (RFP) process for the allocation of new business.
As a credible expert on market related Treasury aspects you:
- Keep abreast of market developments (instruments, counterparties, pricing, and trends) by consolidating market intelligence and participating in external networks and events;
- Maintain a structured approach to reviewing market data;
- Support and advise the Director Financial Markets, Senior Treasury Analyst and Treasury Dealer on issues regarding daily dealing activities.
Job Requirements/Candidate Profile
To apply for this position, you must possess all the following attributes:
A relevant University qualification stressing numeracy and analytical abilities, along with professional qualifications in Finance or Treasury Management;
- 8-10 years of relevant experience and a proven record of success in Treasury Management functions in a leading (corporate) organization;
- Experience of working with SAP and treasury management systems they interlink;
- Experience in participating in change projects is an advantage, particularly in terms of improving, controlling, and developing dealing processes and systems;
- Natural ability to work in a disciplined fashion and in line with policies and procedures;
- Effective and sensitive communicator with strong presentation skills including excellent written and spoken English.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190000HY. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Allan Sedney, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
View job description | apply online