Cash Management Specialist @ Bitsafe
Amsterdam – Full-time
We are currently seeking to hire a Cash Management Specialist. As a Cash Management Specialist you ensure that the monetary funds of our customers, at the level of all three brands, are always available for withdrawal in the right currency.
Bitsafe is the new name for Freenom and Verotel, two disruptive brands in the transactional online business space. Freenom is the world’s second largest domain registration provider with over 35 million active internet domains registered. Verotel is a licensed Payment Institution processing millions of credit card transactions. Bitsafe brings these two brands together into a new service: a Bitsafe Basic Payment Account. Offering a “discreet account”, Bitsafe provides a Bitsafe IBAN allowing account holders to take part of SEPA transactions and hold domain names and other digital assets. Soon a Mastercard debit card will be added to these Bitsafe accounts.
We are currently seeking to hire a Cash Management Specialist. As a Cash Management Specialist you ensure that the monetary funds of our customers, at the level of all three brands, are always available for withdrawal in the right currency. As Bitsafe operates as a Payment Institution within the Dutch Wft (“Wet Financieel Toezicht”) law, and is licensed as such by the Dutch Central Bank, all customer funds are held in an external escrow entity. Next to ensuring that funds are available for withdrawal by customers, your task is to ensure that the sum of money in Bitsafe’s ledgers match exactly the available funds across bank accounts throughout the world. We operate bank accounts in 18 different currencies, including accounts with Central Banks.
As a Cash Management Specialist you pride yourself in being one step ahead of the game and take a proactive approach in your work. Your hands-on mentality will ensure you fit perfectly in the existing Finance Team. You will take a lead in Bitsafe’s currency optimization processes where we want to reduce the currency risk to a minimum.
You will report to the CFO and Finance Manager, where you will be responsible for the preparation of payments, print US checks, controlling payments and balances and reporting to the management team about balances in companies and escrow accounts combined with reporting about the ledger balances in Bitsafe’s administration.
As part of our services we provide payment solutions to high-risk businesses, this includes online adult entertainment websites. This means that you need to feel comfortable with adult content and interacting with the people who run those online businesses.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Prepare payments with a variety of banks and central banks throughout the world;
- Controlling future payments and executed payments;
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available in different currencies;
- Match balances of the monetary accounts with balances of the administration accounts;
- Resolve irregularities with flagged payments;
- Be involved in the transaction monitoring process of the Compliance and Risk Management team at Bitsafe;
- Eat, sleep, breathe the Bitsafe value proposition;
- Proactively provide relevant feedback to the board of directors.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance;
- Has 2+ year experience in a financial role, preferably as controller or Cash Management specialist;
- Has knowledge and/or experience with ISO20022 XML files;
- Has experience with currencies and/or currency trading;
- Is very precise using spreadsheets and calculations;
- Is extremely computer and internet savvy;
- Embraces change and likes to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Gets excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development;
- Has very strong English communication skills.
- It’s a plus if you have experience with SEPA Credit Transfers and knowledge of the SCT Rulebook.
What we offer:
- An international multilingual team in a fast and growing environment;
- A very competitive salary / pension package;
- A modern, spacious office in the Houthavens with beautiful view on ‘het IJ’.
Are you a natural born shape shifter who enjoys jumping into multiple types of projects across the company?
Do you enjoy working within a dynamic, informal and entrepreneurial environment? Then jump onboard and apply today!
Please send your motivation letter and resume to our HR department, via: email@example.comView job description | apply online