Cash / Bank Manager – Northern Europe @ The Student Hotel
Amsterdam – Full-time
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Cash Manager to join our fast-growing Northern Europe Finance team.
Why you’ll love working here
We live in a world where everything is changing – from the way we travel to how we study, live and work. But one thing remains constant: our need to connect. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow.
How do we achieve it?
Through our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day. We have big plans. By 2023, we aim to have 65 locations across Europe. That’s 26,000 rooms and almost one million square metres of shared spaces. Beyond bricks and mortar, our new TSHLife app and digital platform is also ready to connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests. In 2019, we’re in a phase of hyper growth. After opening 12 operational hotels in our scale-up phase, we’re evolving into an industry-leading company – redefining the concept of a hotel as the world knows it.
Why we need you
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Cash Manager to join our fast-growing Northern Europe Finance team in support of our operations in Northern Europe, currently Benelux, Germany, Austria and in the foreseeable future, UK & Scandinavia. In this job you will be responsible for the day to day cash management and cash flow forecasting for our Northern European activities. You will closely monitor cash developments and liquidity requirements in the various group companies and make sure there are sufficient funds to pay for regular operational expenses as well as for project developments in the near and mid-term. Also, you will be assisting in the setting up and implementation of local and regional cash pooling solutions. Based in Amsterdam, you will be working closely with both the regional finance as well as the HQ finance teams. You report to the regional Director of Finance and have a strong functional line to the Head of Treasury.
What will you be doing to make it happen
- Prepare account payables batches and organize and execute payments on a (bi) weekly basis
- Download and code bank-statements for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and GL of all entities
- Monitor cash balances and liquidity requirements
- Follow up with business stakeholders to refine timing and accuracy of indicated cash requirements
- Prepare cash flow projections and reporting
- Organize, execute, and administer intercompany funding
- Pro-actively identify weaknesses and propose improvements to the current cash flow forecasting processes
- Maintain relationships with cash management banks, solving account issues and queries
- Support ad hoc projects cash management and treasury related projects within TSH
The role is ideal for an analytical and hands-on financial who keeps calm and maintains eye for detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a bachelor degree in economics or hotel management and 2-5 years of relevant work experience in treasury / cash management / Accounts Payable
- Possess excellent analytical capabilities
- Have good communication skills (fluent English & ideally Dutch and/or German) and liaise easily with stakeholders
- Do not get scared of working under time pressure
- Have the ability to think process-oriented and able come up with improvements
- Rule when it comes to using Excel. What we offer
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym and awesome regular events
Ready, set, grow!
You’ll get the chance to learn and grow in your role, collaborating with other talented people that will challenge you every day
You’ll receive a competitive salary and all the tools you need for your job We want everyone to feel welcome and respected, and we go the extra mile to create a complete connected community. Our teams are diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, religion, age, culture and personality. That’s what makes our team so special.
Did we get you excited?
We’d love to receive your application! Just click the ‘apply now’ button below, answer a couple of questions and send us your CV/LinkedIn profile.